Do you know why you're here? Do you know what you're supposed to accomplish? Your work — what you do in this life — matters greatly to God. Whether it is our everyday work or the work of the ministry, there are no second-class assignments from Him. In The Work Book, you will find answers to these important questions and more:
- • How can I learn to find joy, purpose, and fulfillment in my work?
- • Is "secular" work inferior to spiritual, or ministerial, work?
- • How can I get motivated to serve God more effectively?
- • If we are saved by grace, why do we need to work?
- • What exactly is "the work of the ministry"?
- • What does the Bible say about rewards for our works?
- • How will our works be judged?
- • What is the significance of Jesus having been a carpenter, and of Paul having been a tent-maker?
- • What does the Bible say about the kind of work ethic we're to have?
- • What should our attitude toward work be?
- • Are there some works that we should avoid?
- • What about rest? How can we work hard yet not be workaholics?
- • What kind of work is Jesus doing today?
If we want to hear Jesus say "well done," then we need to make sure that we are doing some things well. Our lives matter to God because of His unconditional love; now it’s time to make our lives significant to others through works of love, service, and kindness.